Date: Will be Rescheduled
During this session we will be putting together what we learned from the initial open source session and the 2 Git sessions.
Chris Hird from Shield Advanced Solutions will be presenting. We will review what we have learned so far. We will then discuss how we apply our new skills to an Open Source Project.
More details to come!
Date: July 18, 2017
Overview GitHub Session 2
Session 3 in the Open Source Series
Presenter: Wim Jongman, Remain Software
During this session we will be reviewing what we did in the previous session, and continue further on the overview of GitHub.
This session is important so we all understand what role GitHub will play in our Open Source Project.
If you missed the previous session, you can watch the video or contact us for help.
Email us if you have any questions on how to get started. email@example.com
Things to do prior to the session:
1. Join GitHub https://github.com/
2. Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email with your GitHub user id. We will then send you an invite to the Magic repository.
3. Go through the tutorial so you can get a introduced to GitHub- https://guides.github.com/activities/hello-world/
4. Install the SCM version also. Take all defaults during install – https://git-scm.com/download/win
5. Watch the video from the last session and try and get through to the CL example.
The Gut of Git
Video recording coming soon.